Applications are accepted from qualified applicants each year beginning in September. Intent to Apply forms must be submitted by January 21, 2021. Applications must be submitted by January 28, 2021
BEFORE applying to the Surgical Technology program, an applicant must satisfy the math and PSB prerequisites. Students must also complete any needed developmental reading or English courses before applying to the Surgical Technology program.
An applicant must submit documentation of one of the following before receiving the Surgical Technology application packet:
- An unweighted high school GPA of 2.8+ from a College Prep Curriculum valid within 10 years of enrollment
- Qualifying placement scores or a grade of “P” for DMA 010-080 within the past 10 years.
- MAT 080 with a grade of “C” or higher within the past 10 years.
- RISE placement or transition studies showing mastery of Units 1-12 (Tier 2) within the past 10 years.
- Students who have completed a college approved math course such as MAT 122, MAT 141, MAT 151, MAT 152, MAT 161, MAT 171, or MAT 263 with a “C” or better may meet the math requirement.
Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) EXAM:
- All Surgical Technology Applicants are required to take the PSB EXAM. The score report must be submitted with your application. See Step 4 for guidelines, study guides, test dates, how to pay and register for the PSB test.
NOTE: Currently enrolled LCC students skip to step 2. If you are currently not attending LCC and you are applying to a second Health Sciences Program and have already completed step 1, skip to step 2.
Applications are accepted from qualified applicants each year beginning in September. Intent to Apply forms will close on January 21, 2021.
Step 1 must be completed before submitting the Intent to Apply form. Any course prerequisites must be satisfied before submitting the Intent to Apply form. A confirmation email will be sent indicating that your Intent to Apply form was received.
The Health Sciences Advisor will review your transcripts and a second email will be sent indicating requirements have been met for biology and math. A Health Sciences Application Packet will be sent as an attachment in the email, as well. If you have not provided proof of the math and/or biology requirements, an email will be sent requesting you contact the Health Sciences Admissions Advisor to provide missing information: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not taken the ACT or PSB exam, complete Step 4 now.
Most Health Science applicants are required to take the ACT or PSB Exam. The score report must be submitted with your application.
Applications and any additional paperwork required must be submitted no later than January 28, 2021 by 3 p.m. An application, official transcripts, a checklist and an ACT or PSB score are required. If you did not complete BIO 168 and BIO 169 prior to receiving the Health Sciences application and checklist, and you attended another college, you must submit an official transcript showing your grades for these courses. If you are enrolled in BIO 169 at another college for the spring semester, you must submit proof of enrollment.
CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) and ARC/STSA (Accreditation Review Council on Education on Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting) accredited programs are required to meet outcome benchmarks each year.
Outcomes include but are not limited to: