New or Returning Students Admissions
A NEW student is an individual who has never attended LCC and a RETURNING student is a former LCC student returning after an absence of one year or more. If you only plan to take a class to transfer back to another college or for personal enrichment, please select SPECIAL CREDIT/VISITING STUDENT (T90990) as your major. This is the first major listed in the dropdown list of majors.
If you are completing an online application for admission to LCC and don’t already have a Residency Certificate Number (RCN), you will apply for residency determination at the same time as you complete your admissions application on the CFNC website. If you already have an RCN number, you will need to provide this number on your admissions application. Applications cannot be submitted without this number.
Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended. Falsification or failure to supply the correct information may be considered grounds for rejection or dismissal. If it is determined that you have attended a college that was not listed on your application, the transcript will be required. If you are unable to submit an official transcript due to a hold on your account at the college, you will be ineligible to apply at this time.
RECENT HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES:
If the applicant graduated from a regionally accredited public high school, private school, or home school within the past ten years:
- The applicant will be placed into their program’s gateway math and English based on their unweighted high school GPA.
- An applicant with a GPA of 2.8 or higher may register for any class without mandatory additional supports.
- An applicant with a GPA of 2.2-2.799 may enroll in a gateway course with a mandatory corequisite.
- An applicant with a GPA less than 2.2 must enroll in a one-semester transition course.
- If an applicant does not have a GPA, the RISE Placement test will be required or the applicant must qualify for a waiver.
If the applicant graduated from high school more than ten years ago:
- The applicant will be required to take the RISE Placement test or the applicant must qualify for a waiver.
NOTE: LCC does not accept all online high schools