Associate Degree Nursing–A45110
BEFORE applying to the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program, an applicant must satisfy the math, biology, and PSB prerequisites and must complete any needed developmental Reading or English courses.
An applicant must have completed one of the following before receiving the ADN application packet:
- An unweighted high school GPA of 2.8+ from a College Prep Curriculum valid within 10 years of enrollment
- MAT 080 with a grade of “C” or higher within the past 10 years
- RISE placement or transition studies showing mastery of Units 1-12 (Tier 2) within the past 10 years
- Students who have completed a college approved math course such as MAT 122, MAT 141, MAT 151, MAT 161, MAT 171, or MAT 263 with a “C” or better may meet the math requirement
An applicant must have completed the following before receiving the ADN application packet:
- If BIO 168 has not been completed with a grade of “C” or higher within 5 years of admission, the applicant must be enrolled in BIO 168 during the fall semester. Documentation of enrollment is required when submitting the INTENT TO APPLY. An official transcript with grade of “C” or higher will be required when submitting the Health Sciences application.
- If BIO 169 has not been completed with a “C” or higher within 5 years of admission, applicant must complete BIO 169 before or during the spring semester prior to enrollment. Proof of enrollment is required when submitting the Health Sciences application.
- Proof of completion of BIO 169 with a “C” or higher within 5 years of admission must be submitted with an official transcript at the end of the spring semester.
The Registrar’s Office and the Dean of Health Sciences and Nursing must approve the equivalent to BIO 168 and 169.
Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) EXAM:
•All ADN Applicants are required to take the PSB Exam. The score report must be submitted with your application. See Step 4 for guidelines, study guides, test dates, how to pay and register for the PSB test.
If you have satisfied the math and biology prerequisites, you are ready to begin the competitive application process.
NOTE: Currently enrolled LCC students skip to step 2. If you are currently not attending LCC and you are applying to a second Health Sciences Program and have already completed step 1, skip to step 2.
Step 1 and any course prerequisites must be completed before submitting the Intent to Apply form. A confirmation email will be sent indicating your Intent to Apply form was received. If you do not receive an email within 2 business days, contact the Health Sciences Admissions Specialist: email@example.com.
The Health Sciences Advisor will review your transcripts and a second email will be sent indicating requirements have been met for biology and math. A Health Sciences Application Packet will be sent as an attachment in the email, as well. If you have not provided proof of the math and/or biology requirements, an email will be sent requesting you contact the Health Sciences Admissions Advisor to provide missing information: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not take the PSB exam, complete Step 4 now.
All ADN applicants are required to take the PSB Exam and must submit the PSB score report with the application. If you would like to improve on your score, there is a 30 day wait before retaking the exam.
The Lenoir Community College Associate Degree in Nursing Program holds pre-accreditation status from the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation, located at 2600 Virginia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20037, 800-669-1656. Holding pre-accreditation status does not guarantee that initial accreditation by NLN CNEA will be received.