No. It is permissible to use estimates of your income tax data when you complete your FAFSA as long as they aren’t far off from actual values. However, before you can receive financial aid, you must have completed your current year federal tax return. Either you or the Financial Aid Office will need to correct your figures and resubmit your application for corrections after your new tax return has been filed.