What to do in case of fire
- If you discover fire or smoke, leave the area (following the fire exit signs) and pull fire alarm. From a safe location, call College Security at (252) 361-1326 and report the fire.
- If you are able to safely extinguish the fire, do so only if you have been properly trained. Make sure that you have a safe exit from the fire area.
- Evacuate the building as soon as the alarm sounds and proceed to the designated area of assembly (at least 300 feet from the building.) Take personal belongings with you
- On your way out, warn others nearby.
- Move away from fire and smoke. Close doors and windows if time permits.
- Touch closed doors. Do not open them if they are hot.
- Use stairs only; do not use elevators.
- Do not re-enter the building or work area until you have been instructed to do so by the emergency responders, College Security, or Director of Safety.