The LCC Guarantee scholarship will invest in high-achieving students who choose Lenoir Community College as their launching point to college transfer and career opportunities. Students may apply as they complete their CCP credits during their senior year of high school. Priority deadline date is last Friday of March each year.
If your plan is to get a bachelor’s degree, you can start your first two years of college at Lenoir Community College and transfer to a four-year college or university by enrolling in one of our university transfer programs. See how much you can save on tuition by taking advantage of the Lenoir Community College Guarantee!
|Institution||Tuition and Fees||2-Year Total|
|NC State University||$9,058||$18,116|
|UNC Chapel Hill||$9,005||$18,010|
|East Carolina University||$6,972||$13,944|
For those eligible for LCC Guarantee Scholarship
Did you know that 100% of the course credits in our transfer programs are applied for full credit for the first two years at all of the four–year colleges in the North Carolina university system? There are also transfer opportunities for technical degrees at many of the four-year institutions.
*tuition and fee data from www.collegedata.com based on 2016-2017 rates
- Graduate from a service area high school–public, private, or homeschool–with NC resident eligibility
- Complete 9 CCP credits with a C or better
- Graduate high school with a 3.0+ unweighted GPA
- Enroll as a full-time student the following fall semester after high school graduation
- Complete the FAFSA and LCC Scholarship application by the last Friday in March each year
- Enroll full-time, at least 12 credit hours (based on degree plan) at LCC in a curriculum Degree, Diploma, or Certificate program
- Maximum eligibility of 60 credit hours
- No break in attendance between semesters
- Complete at least 12 credit hours each semester, based on degree plan
- Maintain a college GPA of 3.0+ to renew each semester
- Allow no more than one program of study change
- Participate in at least one LCC sponsored club, sport, or work-based learning course each semester
- Meet two times each semester with the assigned academic advisor
- Have no discipline-related suspensions
- All tuition is covered
- Required general student fees are covered
- Book costs and program-specific fees are not covered
- LCC reserves the right to limit the number of awards. Apply early!
- Provide an affordable avenue to college and reduce the need for student borrowing
- Reward highly prepared students
- Encourage students to work hard and achieve in high school
- Enhance student engagement
- Produce degreed students who will be employment ready and benefit local economic development