LCC Guarantee Scholarship
Applications will be available beginning January 2, 2022.
The LCC Guarantee scholarship invests in high-achieving students who choose Lenoir Community College as their launching point to college transfer and career opportunities.
Start your first two years of college at LCC and transfer to a four-year college or university by enrolling in one of our university transfer programs. Save on tuition by taking advantage of the LCC Guarantee!
*Two-Year Tuition & Fees
Did you know that 100% of the course credits in our transfer programs are applied for full credit for the first two years at all of the four–year colleges in the North Carolina university system? There are also transfer opportunities for technical degrees at many of the four-year institutions.
*Tuition and fee data from www.collegetuitioncompare.com based on 2019-2020 rates
Eligibility–How to engage your guarantee
- Graduate from a high school in Lenoir, Jones, or Greene Counties – public, private, or homeschool–with NC resident eligibility
- Complete 9 CCP credits with a C or better
- Graduate high school with a 3.0+ unweighted GPA
- Enroll as a full-time student the following fall semester after high school graduation
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) located at www.fafsa.ed.gov and the LCC Scholarship application by the last Friday in March each year
- Covers all in-state tuition and fees not covered by financial aid scholarships
- Enroll full-time, at least 12 credit hours (based on degree plan) at LCC in a curriculum Degree, Diploma, or Certificate program
- Maximum eligibility of 60 credit hours
- No break in attendance between semesters
Maintain Eligibility–Guaranteed Achievement
- Complete at least 12 credit hours each semester, based on degree plan
- Maintain a college GPA of 3.0+ to renew each semester
- Allow no more than one program of study change
- Participate in at least one LCC sponsored club, sport, or work-based learning course each semester
- Meet two times each semester with the assigned academic advisor
- Have no discipline-related suspensions
What is and is not covered-Guaranteed Coverage
- All tuition is covered
- Required general student fees are covered
- Book costs and program-specific fees are not covered
- LCC reserves the right to limit the number of awards. Apply early!
Goals of Scholarship–Guaranteed investment in students and community
- Provide an affordable avenue to college and reduce the need for student borrowing
- Reward highly prepared students
- Encourage students to work hard and achieve in high school
- Enhance student engagement
- Produce degreed students who will be employment ready and benefit local economic development