Lenoir Community College believes that no person should be deprived of the advantages of a college education because of a lack of funds. The College provides student financial assistance through grants, scholarships, and student employment.
- Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation. Applications must be completed online each year to be eligible for federal, state, or institutional student aid.
- The LCC Child Care Grant is a grant funded by the state of North Carolina to assist currently enrolled students with their daycare expenses. It is meant to serve as partial and temporary child care funding while the student is enrolled in classes and is meeting the grant requirements. Funds are paid directly to state licensed day care centers for children between the ages of birth-12 years old.
- Throughout the year, there are several events occurring that impact financial aid students. These include grant disbursements, workshops, and drop/add deadlines.
- If you have been advised by the Office of Financial Aid to complete and submit a form(s) you will find them listed by year. If you do not see the requested form, please contact the Office of Financial Aid. Please complete these forms ONLY if you have been requested to do so, using the correct year, and return as soon as possible to avoid delay in processing.
- Financial literacy is the ability to understand money and how to manage it so that a person can make informed financial decisions.
- Your most frequently asked questions regarding Financial Aid asked and answered.
- Students receiving a financial aid check will receive a notification by LancerMail 24-48 hours prior to disbursement from the Business Office.
- Federal regulations require schools to monitor student academic progress for financial aid purposes.
- The LCC Foundation, along with several local businesses and civic groups offer scholarships to assist students with tuition and books. Funding standards can be based on either financial need, academics, or both.
- Students receiving financial aid are expected to meet certain federal, state, and College standards in order to maintain eligibility.
For more information please contact:
Office of Financial Aid
Administration (Building 3), Room 207
Phone: (252) 527-6223, ext. 371
Fax: (252) 233-6896
Director of Financial Aid
Administration (Building 3), Room 207C
Phone: (252) 527-6223, ext. 302
Fax: (252) 233-6896