Lenoir Community College operates an “open–door” admissions policy that accommodates all persons who are 18 years of age or older and able to benefit from post secondary education. The College serves all students without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability.
- A new student is an individual who has never attended LCC.
- A returning student is a former LCC student returning to school after an absence of one year or more.
- A current high school student is an individual who wishes to take college credit courses while still enrolled in high school. Career and College Promise is a program for current high school students who are at least juniors in high school and wish to enroll in a pathway at LCC.
- A student who is currently enrolled at another college and wants to take courses at LCC to transfer back to their home institution
- A student who needs to take a few pre-requisite courses to enter a program at another college or university
- A student taking a course(s) for personal interest
- A health science student is an individual who has met the special health science admission prerequisites and is interested in applying directly to a Health Science Program. Students who have not met the specific admissions prerequisites should apply as a New/Returning Student into one of the Pre-Health Science Programs.
- An international student is an individual who needs to be issued an I-20 form to be eligible to study in the United States.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Admissions
Administration (Building 3), Room 140B
Phone: (252) 527-6223, ext. 301
Fax: (252) 233-6893