How to talk to a Job Fair Recruiter
- Walk up to the employer’s table or booth. Make eye contact with the recruiter, smile, and say hello.
- Offer your handshake and introduce yourself.
- Ask about the career opportunities for your occupation at that company.
- Deliver your 15 second “sales pitch”:
- Give your name
- Mention your profession, occupation, or the job you are looking for
- State your experience, skills, & accomplishments. If true, mention everyone’s been happy with your work
- Offer your USP (Unique Selling Point)
- It’s what sets you apart from the competition–it’s what makes you special
- Answer the recruiter’s questions and ask a few follow-up questions of your own.
- Tell the recruiter that you would like to apply for that job or position.
- Offer the recruiter a copy of your resume.
- Ask how you can schedule a job interview.
- Ask for the recruiter’s business card.
- Thank the recruiter, smile, and offer your handshake.
Dahlstrom, Harry (2012). Turn a Job Fair Into A Job Offer Holliston, MA