National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
National Career Readiness Certificate is a portable credential that promotes skills and career development for individuals and confirms to employers that applicants possess basic workplace skills in Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information.
The National Career Readiness Certificate is based on the ACT WorkKeys® system, a nationally recognized, EEOC-compliant industry-driven system of job profiling, assessment, and instructional support. You can earn a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum NCRC depending on your scores.
The National Career Readiness Certificate is an economic development tool that includes a database that is constantly updated and showcases North Carolina’s skilled workforce.
WorkKeys is a nationally recognized system for teaching and assessing workplace skills that connects knowing with doing and learning with earning.
- Assesses job skills via ACT WorkKeys®
- Simplifies hiring by streamlining the application process
- Matches the right person with the job, thereby reducing turnover
- Reduces training time and increases the skill level of existing employees
- Increases your chances for employment and promotion
- Focuses on employment-related competencies needed in any career
- Provides training to help you obtain certification
- Is a portable credential recognized by employers
For more information, please contact:
Career Readiness Specialist
Bullock (Building 1), Room 119C
Phone: (252) 527-6223, ext. 715
Fax: (252) 527-2109