Computer Related Courses
CURRENT COURSES OFFERED
COURSE INFORMATION – click on the course below for more information
- The Greene County Center offers a variety of computer courses designed to develop the basic technology skills needed for employment in the 21st century workforce. The curriculum, content, and instructional materials will focus on computer use skills as it relates to: developing basic keyboarding, word-processing, Internet awareness, learning technology based job search strategies, applying for employment online, and accessing governmental and educational resources and services. Upon completion of this course, students will possess the employability skills and knowledge required to effectively pursue and maintain employment in a field that utilizes basic computer applications.
- This course is designed to familiarize students with computers and their applications. Students will learn fundamental concepts of computer hardware and software and become familiar with a variety of computer applications, internet-based applications, working with email, and learning how to browse the web.
- This course is recommended for individuals who are new to Microsoft Excel or have limited spreadsheet experience. This course will provide an introduction to spreadsheets and the practical uses and versatility of Excel. Students will learn time saving features and tips for using Excel effectively.
- Course syllabus will be provided by the instructor.
- Course textbook information will be provided by the instructor.
Payment should be made within 48 hours of the course start date. Payment can be made with one of the following methods:
- Check or Money Order (Please make payable to Lenoir Community College)
- Cash (Exact cash is required)
- Contact the program coordinator listed below
Students can register in one of three ways:
- In Person: See office location of the program coordinator listed below.
- Phone: Contact the program coordinator listed below.