This is a three-semester program that requires each individual to successfully complete a minimum of 1528 hours of barbering theory and application as set forth by the North Carolina Board of Barber Examiners. Theory and application are equally emphasized so that upon completion, students should be able to safely and competently apply advanced barbering concepts in the shop setting. Lenoir Community College recognizes the growing demands for new barber businesses throughout the state, and strives to offer students the entrepreneurial, communication, and small business skills needed to start and maintain a barber business upon completion of the program.
CURRENT COURSES OFFERED
REQUIREMENTS – click on the course below for more information
- Criminal background check
- Barber school permit issued by NC Barber Board (required before the start of class)
- Students will be responsible for purchasing a barber tool kit and uniform
- Course syllabus will be provided by the instructor.
- Course textbook information will be provided by the instructor.
Payment should be made within 48 hours of the course start date. Payment can be made with one of the following methods:
- Check or Money Order (Please make payable to Lenoir Community College)
- Cash (Exact cash is required)
- Contact the program coordinator listed below
Students can register in one of three ways:
- In Person: See office location of the program coordinator listed below.
- Phone: Contact the program coordinator listed below.