College for the Holidays
is designed to provide an opportunity for motivated students to earn college transfer credit during a four-week term during the month of December. All courses are offered online by student-centered instructors who are dedicated to student success. A student who earns a “C” or better will transfer that credit to their senior institution. At LCC, we believe this is a great academic endeavor for students seeking to stay on the pathway to earning a degree.
December 2–29, 2019.
Registration is open now.
- BIO 111–General Biology I
- BIO 163–Basic Anatomy & Physiology
- BIO 168–Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIO 169–Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIO 275–Microbiology
- BUS 110–Introduction to Business
- COM 231-Public Speaking
- ENG 111–Writing and Inquiry
- ENG 112–Writing/Research in Discipline
- HUM 115–Critical Thinking
- MAT 121–Alebra/Trigonometry I
- MAT 143–Quantitative Literacy
- MAT 152–Statistical Methods I
- MAT 171–Precalculus Algebra
- MAT 172–Precalculus Trigonometry
- MUS 110–Music Appreciation
- MUS 112–Introduction to Jazz
- PSY 150–General Psychology
- SOC 210–Introduction to Sociology
- SPA 111–Elementary Spanish I
How many courses can I sign up for during College for the Holidays?
While there is no limit on the numbers of courses you register for, we encourage you to consider that each course is fast pace.
How much does it cost to take a course?
The cost of each class is listed on the information sheet for that class. Many of the classes have eBooks with first day access. The cost of the eBook is included in the tuition cost.
When does the term start?
The term is from December 2-29, 2019.
How do I request my transcripts once the term is over?
Note: Please verify that your grade has been posted in WebADVISOR before placing order for transcript.
What type of Learning Management System will students use while taking courses?
Lenoir Community College uses Moodle.
Is financial aid available for holiday courses?
No, unless holiday courses are the first courses you are enrolling in this semester.
Are VA benefits available for holiday courses?
When is the deadline to pay for holiday courses?
Payment is due by November 27, 2019.