EMTP to ADN Transition–A45110
The EMTP to ADN Transition Program is designed for the EMT Paramedic to complete the ADN program. Applicants will be required to present documentation of all EMTP to ADN prerequisites before submitting an application.
Applications will be accepted between February 14, 2018 and April 16, 2018 from qualified applicants.
April: Provisional acceptance letters will be mailed to applicants.
May: Students will begin the 10-week NUR 215 course. Upon successful completion of NUR 215, EMTPs may progress to the fourth semester of the ADN program.
NUR 215 Paramedic/RN Bridge Concepts
Fall (4th) Semester
NUR 113 Family Health Concepts
NUR 212 Health System Concepts
Spring (5th) Semester
NUR 213 Complex Health Concepts
The program is offered face to face with class, lab and clinical hours, generally Monday through Friday and in the fifth semester may include 12 hour shifts Tuesday through Sunday.
BEFORE applying to the EMTP to ADN Transition Program, an applicant must provide all of the following documentation:
- YOU MUST HAVE BOTH NATIONAL AND NORTH CAROLINA CERTIFICATION TO APPLY–NO EXCEPTIONS
- Valid, unrestricted National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians – Paramedic certification (NREMT-P)
- Valid, unrestricted North Carolina EMT Paramedic certification
- Minimum of one year full time of EMT Paramedic work experience within 5 years
- American Heart Association
BLS Health Care Provider (current)
- Complete a general college application
Major: Nursing Pre-Associate Program (A1030N) Term: 2018SU
- All required courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher AND an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher. All courses must be completed before you begin the transition program.
- Qualifying placement scores within the last 5 years OR
- MAT 080 with a grade of “C” or higher within last 5 years OR
- DMA 010-050 with a grade of “P” and DMA 60, 70, 80, with a grade of “P” within the last 5 years OR
- One of the following: MAT 122, MAT 141, MAT 151, MAT 161, MAT 171, MAT 263 course or an approved college algebra math (no 5 year rule on these courses)
- BIO 168, BIO 169, BIO 275 (no 5 year rule)
- The equivalent to BIO 168 and 169 must be approved by the Registrar’s Office and the Dean of Health Sciences and Nursing.
- PSY 150 General Psychology and PSY 241 Developmental Psychology
- ENG 111 and ENG 112
- HUM 115 Critical Thinking AND an additional Humanities/Fine Arts Elective
Contact Kim Hill to submit all prerequisites and other program requirement documentation. EMTP to ADN Applications will be distributed to students submitting qualifying documentation.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Admissions
Administration (Building 3), Room 140B
Phone: (252) 527-6223, ext. 301
Fax: (252) 233-6893