Faculty, Staff, & Student Services
The library provides instruction in order to teach people how to use the library and its resources and find information to build information literacy and lifelong learning.
The LRC offers:
- ID/Library Cards – An identification card with photo is issued free of charge for each user’s personal and exclusive use. This card must be presented each time books or other materials are checked out or renewed. Library cards are issued only to LCC students, faculty and staff and are validated each semester. You must present a current class schedule and a valid photo ID. Only one card is issued free; a $3.00 fee will be assessed for replacements.
- Customized library instruction sessions and web guides to suit your course needs for specific projects and assignments
- Instruction for using library online databases, the LCC library catalog, the Internet, and various other types of resources
- Walking tours and general library orientation
- The use of its instruction lab to instructors. LCC library’s instruction lab is located on the first floor of the LRC.
The lab is used for hands-on instruction in the use of library databases and resources. LCC instructors may reserve the lab when library instruction sessions are not scheduled. Librarian led instruction sessions take priority over non-library related sessions.
- Schedule a Tour/Instruction Session
- Tour/Instruction Calendar
- Creating Library Orientation Assignments
For more information, please contact:
Director of Learning Resources Center
Learning Resources Center (Building 5)
Phone: (252) 527-6223, ext. 504
Fax: (252) 233-6879