Work-Based Learning is designed to enable students to earn college credit for working on jobs that are learning experiences and that are related to the curriculum in which they are enrolled. The on-the-job training is a vital component of the total learning experience, supplementing theory learned in the classroom.
Job sites become laboratories where classroom concepts can be utilized and tested. College studies and work assignment combine to provide an overall learning experience that enhances the student’s academic program and gives direction to their career development.
Who is eligible?
- Students must have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0-Students must have completed 9 semester hrs within a program of study
Ways to participate in Work-Based Learning
- Work part time while attending school full time
- Work 10 hours a week for 1 semester for 1 hour of credit
- Work 20 hours a week for 1 semester for 2 hours of credit
What’s the next step?
- Call/come by
- Make an appointment to discuss interests & placement opportunities
- Prepare a resume
For more information, please contact:
Work-Based Learning Coordinator
Administration (Building 3), Room 128C
Phone: (252) 527-6223, ext. 312
Fax: (252) 233-6879