The N.C. General Assembly appropriates limited funding for child care services to assist student parents enrolled at LCC.
Students will not be awarded child care funding until the state budget is finalized and the appropriations are given to the
College. Students are given a yearly award for child care funding that is dependent on their enrollment in the Fall and Spring
Preference will be given to students with the highest financial aid need, highest cumulative GPA and to student's enrolled full-time.
The following criteria will be used to determine eligibility:
- Students must have dependents between the ages of 0-12
- Students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Students must be a U.S. citizen and N.C. resident
- Students must be enrolled in an eligible program of study
- Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress throughout the year
- Students cannot receive child care funding from DSS or another agency and receive child care funding at LCC
- No faculty, staff or administrator employed by the College will be eligible for the child care grant. This does not apply to Federal Work Study students but DOES apply to Technical Assistance students.
NOTE: APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGH SEPTEMBER 15, 2014