The Lenoir Community College Foundation has recruited yet another “Celebrity Dealer” for this year’s annual Casino Night, to be held at 7 p.m. Jan. 31 in the LCC Culinary Arts Center.
Ed Mills is the latest in the string of dealers who will be entertaining at the event. Mills is proud to have served the educational needs of the community for 33 years at Lenoir Community College. When asked to share his views on education, he said, “As Dean of Continuing Education at LCC, I was thrilled to help kids from all walks of life. Helping them get into college, and stay in college when funds are not available, is exactly what the Foundation is all about.”
Mills is privileged to be a member of various local boards in the community including the LCC Foundation Board and the Utilities Advisory Commission, and he is a devoted member of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. Mills received his Bachelor of Arts degree from North Carolina Central University and holds a Masters degree from the University of Central Michigan. He is proud of his three children and three grandchildren and is happy to call Kinston his home.
Mills says, “If you want to win, and have fun while doing it, be sure to play Blackjack at my table.” Casino Night is sure to be an evening of excitement you don’t want to miss.
This year’s local celebrity dealers include:
- Kenneth Blizzard, Vice President of Blizzard Contract Flooring and Design
- Debbie Chused, Coastal Connections Marketing
- Ed Mills, Retired Dean of Students at Lenoir Community College
- Lucy Marston, Director of the Kinston-Lenoir County Visitors’ and Information Center
- Carol Sykes, Mayor of Pink Hill
- Bobby Taylor, Snow Hill Commissioner and Owner of Greene Ridge Racket and Swim Club
- Dr. Bob Hosea, Ear Nose and Throat Doctor, Kinston
- Dr. Lyn Turner, Dentist with Kinston Dental Associates
- Corey Fader, Branch Manager of Home Owners Mortgage
For tickets and sponsorship opportunities, contact Timothy Maddox, Interim Events Coordinator for the Foundation, at 252-233-6843 or by email at email@example.com. Tickets are $50 per person.